Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Work
Concerted effort to embed cultural competence, inclusivity, and anti-racist practices into all work activities.
Highlight area: Accessible Design for Documents and the Web
Longstanding personal interest and regular professional development related to accessibility.
- Commit to high quality captioning and document accessibility for digital instruction materials, including PDF remediation
- Encourage accessibility best practices by writing and sharing documentation and delivering workshops
Related Projects and Outputs:
Professional Service and Leadership Positions
- Member, DiversifyIT Committee. September 2022 to present.
- Chair, Spaces With Intentional Furniture Team (SWIFT). October 2020 to May 2021.
Additional team members: Meg Brown, Ira King, Seth McCurdy.
- Assessing the Needs of Patrons with Disabilities
July 2021 to present
- You, Me, and IT: a series on identity in IT work
August 2021 to May 2022
- Cultural Competence in Computing (3C) Fellows Program - Cohort 1
December 2020 to June 2021
Presentations at Conferences, Professional Gatherings
- Zoss, Angela M. (February 22, 2023). Best practices for making in-person and online instruction accessible. Presentation at Duke University Libraries – Teaching and Learning Program, Durham, NC.
- Zoss, Angela M., Crawford-Smith, Joel. (July 14, 2022). Adventures in Document Accessibility. Hands-on workshop at Duke University Libraries – Libraries Summer Camp, Durham, NC.
- Aghassibake, Negeen, Joque, Justin, Ozeran, Megan, & Zoss, Angela. (November 03, 2021). Positioning Ourselves for Critical Data Work. Presentation at Visualizing the Future 2021 Public Symposium, virtual.
- Zoss, Angela M. (July 31, 2019). Accessibility in Word and PowerPoint. Hands-on workshop at Duke University Libraries – Librarians’ Summer Camp, Durham, NC.